“ENHANCING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND REGIONAL INTEGRATION THROUGH EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT RESOURCE EXPLOITATION AND MOBILISATION IN AFRICA, MEDITERRANEAN AND EUROPEAN UNION POST COVID -19”
THE EUROPEAN UNION, MEDITERRANEAN AND AFRICA
INTEGRATION IN THE GLOBAL AGE
22-23 February 2021, University of Ghana (Accra, Ghana)
Due the current COVID -19 situation, the Third International Conference of AMENET on Regional Integration will take place ONLINE
The AFRICA-MEDITERRANEAN-EUROPE (AMENET) JEAN MONNET NETWORK, in Collaboration with the Department of Economics, University of Ghana, is pleased to invite you to participate in the Third International Conference on REGIONAL INTEGRATION.
This conference aims to harness ideas on how to revive AME economies in an environmentally sustainable manner by getting experts to discuss and evaluate the impact of the pandemic on economic growth and development as well as options for ensuring growth, development and regional integration post-COVID -19.
We are therefore kindly calling for contributions aimed at providing insights on the following, but not limited to these indicative themes:
- Impact of COVID-19 on the environment
- Efficient natural resource exploitation in an era of COVID-19
- Climate change adaptation and city resilience
- Energy consumption, the environment and sustainable development; before and after COVID – 19
- International trade and the environment post-COVID-19
- Educational reforms in the context of COVID-19: challenges and prospects
- ICT deployment for transformational growth post-COVID-19
- Vulnerabilities: Socio-cultural, health, poverty and inequality issues,
- Small, medium and large scale firm resilience and employee dynamism in the COVID-19 era and beyond
- Tourism, transport and the hospitality industry in an era of COVID–19
- Regional integrations, grant and support packages for developing countries
- Investment and industrial diversification in different sectors of activity
- Monetary and fiscal policies,
- Internal and external migration
The conference will only accept abstracts in French and English.
The abstracts should have a word limit of 1000 and must include 5 keywords. It must necessarily include an introduction, methodology, results and discussions and main conclusions. The exhibition of the work can be made through a presentation of a maximum time of 15 minutes, or as a poster. It is not necessary to send the manuscript.
The abstracts will be selected and compiled into a book of abstracts. There is the option to send the abstract and not present it. These abstracts will be included in the book of abstracts in a special section, called Free Documents.
The Scientific Committee, based on the quality of the abstracts received, may choose to request the complete manuscript from the authors for publication in a special issue of a journal indexed in Scopus.
THIS CONFERENCE IS FREE OF CHARGE, as it is co-financed by the Jean Monnet Programme of the European Union. Travel and accommodation expenses are responsibility of the attendees.
Call for abstracts: 29 september, 2020.
The abstracts can be submitted in pdf or word format (doc and docx).
Deadline for abstracts: 15 December, 2020
Acceptance of abstracts: 10 January, 2021
Dates of the Conference: 22-23 February, 2021
CONFERENCE WEB SITE: Under construction
The Organizing Committee of AMENET JEAN MONNET NETWORK
Technical secretary of AMENET: Esther Alarcón
Phone number: +34 91 497 5241