The online CIVIS Course: “Renewable energies, energy efficiency and climate change”, was held from 18 to 22 October 2021, and coordinated by Profs. Luis Collado and José M. Mella from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain). This event was organized in collaboration with the ECREEE-AMENET-CIVIS-CERMI.
CIVIS is a European Civic University formed by the alliance of 10 leading research higher education institutions across Europe. It brings together a community of more than 470,000 students and 58,000 staff members including 35,000 academics and researchers.
The course was open to Master and PhD students from CIVIS universities and from other European and African Universities of the Mediterranean & Sub-Saharan region; and professionals and practitioners from public & private sectors.
The event was a five days online training/research workshop, where professors and experts, who are working in outstanding international Universities, Scientific Research Centers, and Energy companies (Naturgy, Iberdrola), delivered their lectures.
From one side, experts and participants came from CIVIS universities (in particular, from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, the University of Stockholm and the Aix-Marseille University), with the collaboration of the Université Abdelmalek Essaâdi Tangier-Tétouan (Morocco), Université of Nouakchott Al Aasriya (Mauritania), Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar (Senegal), University of Ghana (Ghana), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (Ghana), Universidade Jean Piaget de Cape Verde (Cape Verde), Université Protestante au Congo (D.R. Congo), Université Evangelique en Africa (D.R. Congo) and Université Libre des Pays de Grands Lacs (D.R. Congo).
From another side, experts and participants came from regional organizations like the EU and the ECOWAS (in particular, ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, ECREEE).
October 18, 2021
- “Mediterranean energy: Perspectives and cooperation”, Sohbet KARBUZ, Director, Mediterranean Observatory for Energy.
October 19, 2021
- “Green Hydrogen”, Juan PUERTAS, Engineer
- “The hedgehog and the Fox. Can forestry absolve Sweden’s carbon emissions”, Salim BELYAZID, University of Stockholm
October 20, 2021
- “Renewable energies. Biomethane production. Case studies”, Ignasi MALLOL SANGRA, Engineer, Naturgy, Spain.
- “Renewable energy auctions”, Pablo DEL RÍO CSIC, Spain.
October 21, 2021
- “Circular economy as a response to climate change: Morocco case”, Lotfi CHRAIBI, Université Abdelmalek Essaâdi, Morocco.
- “Impact of renewable energies on the nonrenewable resources”, Jerome ROSE, Aix-Marseille University, France.