- AMENET First International Conference on Regional Integration: “Taking Action to approaching regional integration: Africa, Mediterranean and European Union in a Global Age”, 14-15 November 2019, Université Abdelmalek Essaâdi, Tangier, Morocco. See
- Presentation of AMENET at the Annual Erasmus + Conference in Madrid, December 5th, 2019. The Spanish Education Ministry selected AMENET for being an Erasmus best practice . See
TEACHING & TRAINING ACTIVITIES
- Workshop on Agriculture and Poverty in a context of economic integration”, at Protestant University of Congo 21 October 2019. See
- Workshop on “Agriculture, Poverty, Migrations, and Economic Integration” at UAM, 11th of November 2019. See
- Workshop on “Développement rural au Sahel (cas de la Mauritanie) et les expériences de l’Union Européenne” was held in Nouakchott in February 20th and 21st, 2020, at the University of Mauritania. There was a very important participation of students and lecturers and relevant papers on agricultural transformations, rural strategies, and development policies were presented. See
- Our students are carrying out their doctoral researches without any particular inconvenient. Ekpaa Maalo, Albert Agyemang, and Kwasi Agyei (from Ghana) are working as usual in touch with their supervisors.
- Doctoral candidates Arlinda Dias Rodrigues and Domingos Mendes (from the Jean Piaget University of Cabo Verde) are in process of reviewing their research proposals.
- AMENET is proud of our new doctors in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Henry Ngongo Muganza, Ngandu Mulotwa Mardoché, Aaron Lupasula Lubango, Alain Mujinga Kampeba, and Malika Kalanga Wivine). Their PhD vivas were successfully held during the last months. See
- Research of Ángeles Sánchez Díez and Alicia Campos Serrano on Natural Resources and national/international regulations in Africa is ongoing. See “The curse of resources and new oil-exporting countries: Ghana as a possible reference for small developing countries?” by Ángeles Sánchez Díez (UAM), June 2019.
- Papers presented in Tangier Conference are being subjected to a peer review process for four Journals (INFORMACIÓN COMERCIAL ESPAÑOLA-ICE, APPLIED ECONOMIC STUDIES-AES, REVUE REPERES & PERSPECTIVES ÉCONOMIQUES, and likely REVUE MAROCAINE D’AUDIT ET DE DEVELOPPEMENT).
- A few papers are going to be published in other Journals as well, mentioning that they were presented in the AMENET Conference in Tangier.