- AMENET has decided to postpone the second AMENET Conference to be held at Las Palmas University on 22nd and 23rd October 2020, online. The Call for Papers has been launched again. The new deadline for abstract proposal will be 31th August 2020. See
- The 3RD AMENET Conference will be held at the University of Accra, February 2021
- The 4th AMENET Conference will be held at the University of Dakar, April 2021
TEACHING & TRAINING ACTIVITIES
- A webinar was held at Instituto Universitario Ortega y Gasset in Madrid on May 12th, 2020. The topic was “Introduction to African economies”. Prof. José M. Mella was in charge of the lecture.
- A new Teaching/Training activity “Programme on entrepreneurship, innovation, and local development”, will be held online at the University Jean Piaget de Cape Vert. This activity is based on 15 hours of lectures. The teachers will be the AMENET members Asunción López, Juan Carlos Salazar, José Miguel Rodríguez Antón, Luis Collado and José María Mella. The topics will be innovation, innovation policies, tourism, rural development and African development. The activity is going to be held on May 13th, 18th, 20th, 25th, and 27th. See
- Talks between AMENET and ECOWAS/CEDEAO representatives have been started to organize academic & professional activities on economic integration and non-renewable energies.
- New training activities are being organized on agriculture, rural development and sustainable development to be held in the coming month of June 2020. French will be used in these activities.
- A report on “Investment Opportunities in Africa for the Spanish Entrepreneurs” was written by the AMENET members José M. Mella, Luis Collado, Asunción López and Antonio Fernández, for the Foreign Affairs Ministry and the Exporters and Investors Spanish Club.
- A research on “Informant Diasporas in EurAfrica for Legal Migration” for the EU is carrying out by AMENET members (Luis Collado, Laura Pérez, and José M. Mella). This research is a joint project (two years long) with the University of Peloponnese, Verein Fur Junge Afrikanische Und Andere Diaspora VJAAD EV, African Media Association Malta, P.R.S.D. Associacao, Proveedores de Respostas Sociais Para O Desenvolvimento, Greek Forum of Migrants and the Hellenic Agency For Local Development and Local Government.