“ENABLING TOURISM TO INTEGRATE AME ECONOMIES TO COPE WITH CLIMATE CHANGE: SPECIAL FOCUS ON THE AFRICAN SOCIETIES”
THE EUROPEAN UNION, MEDITERRANEAN AND AFRICA
INTEGRATION IN THE GLOBAL AGE
2020, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
DATE CHANGE OF AMENET CONFERENCE ONLINE
Bearing in mind the current situation, the Organizing Committee of the Second International Conference of AMENET on Regional Integration “ENABLING TOURISM TO INTEGRATE AFRICAN, MEDITERRANEAN AND EUROPEAN ECONOMIES TO COPE WITH CLIMATE CHANGE: SPECIAL FOCUS ON THE AFRICAN SOCIETIES”, has decided to postpone the event. Initially planned on 18 and 19 June, the Conference has been rescheduled to 22 and 23 October 2020. and it will be carried out under the non-presential modality (online).
The deadline for submitting Conference proposals is now extended until 31 August 2020.
The AFRICA-MEDITERRANEAN-EUROPE (AMENET) JEAN MONNET NETWORK is pleased to invite you to participate in the SECOND International Conference on REGIONAL INTEGRATION.
Provide sound insights on the potential of sustainable tourism to promote human sustainable development in AME countries by contributing to economic integration at a local and regional level, and leading local economies to build resilience against climate change impacts.
As a result, this conference kindly calls for contributions oriented to provide insights on the following indicative themes:
- Tourism and socioeconomic development: mainstream and critical views.
- Tourism as a driver for inter e intra-regional socioeconomic integration.
- Tourism as a potential vector for gaining socio-ecological resilience against climate change.
- Potential benefits from upgrading the role of tourism in the European neighbourhood framework.
- Tourism as promoter for bottom-up policy making and governance at local and regional level.
- Resetting the relationships between tourism, protected areas and surrounding rural communities in Africa.
- Tourism, education and entrepreneurship: towards enhancing triangulation.
- Entrepreneurship, Small and medium companies, innovation, and local development.
- Infrastructures and environment.
- Other issues in tourism and socioeconomic development.
Only abstracts in French and English are accepted for the Conference. The abstracts will be selected and compiled in a book published with ISBN. It is not necessary to send the full paper. The abstracts cannot exceed 1.000 words. They have to include 5 keywords, followed by introduction, methodology, results and main conclusions. The exhibition of the work can be delivered as a presentation (e.g. Power Point) up to 15 minutes, or as a poster. It will be carried out under the non-presential modality; in addition, you will have to send a video with your presentation.
The Scientific Committee, based on the quality of the abstracts received, will may choose to request the complete manuscript to the authors for its publication in a special issue of a journal indexed in Scopus.
THIS CONFERENCE IS FREE OF CHARGE, as it is co-financed by the Jean Monnet Programme of the European Union. Travel and accommodation expenses are responsibility of the attendees.
Call for abstracts: January, 2020.
The abstracts can be submitted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in word format (doc and docx).
New Deadline for abstracts:
31 May, 2020 31 August, 2020
New Acceptance of abstracts:
30 June, 2020 15 September, 2020
Dates of the Conference:
18-19 June 2020 22-23 October, 2020
CONFERENCE WEB SITE: amenet.ulpgc.es
Download the call for papers here
The Organizing Committee of AMENET JEAN MONNET NETWORK
Technical secretary of AMENET: Esther Alarcón
Phone number: +34 91 497 5241