The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) is organizing, in collaboration with AMENET, UAM and Universidade Jean Piaget de Cabo Verde, four days Online Renewable energies Training Seminar.
VENUE: Free Online Training
DATES: 13 – 16 October 2020
WHO: Professionals and practitioners from public & private sector, Students &/or professors from energy departments of universities, in ECOWAS countries.
October 13, 2020
- Presentation, José M. Mella, AMENET coordinator and Full Professor of Economics at of the University Autonomous of Madrid.
- “Green Hydrogen: Hydrogen’s role in a decarbonized economy”, Joan Puertas, Coordinator of Energy Committee Catalonia’s Industrial Engineers.
- “Biogas and Biomethane. Healthy, efficient and sustainable energies”, Jose Manuel Dominguez Cerdeira, SEFI.
October 14, 2020
- “Renewable energy auctions”, Pablo del Río González, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC).
- “Renewable Energies: Biomethane production case studies”, Carmen Guinea Valle, Nedgia, Grupo Naturgy.
October 15, 2020
- “The Canary Islands as platform for the development of green energy technologies and transfer to the African continent”, Gonzalo Piernavieja, Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias (ITC).
- “Climate Change and adaptation plans for African countries and insular electrical systems (SOCLIMPACT, ACLIEMAC & ENERMAC)”, Santiago Díaz Ruano, Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias (ITC).
- “ITC experiences on Microgrids and rural electrification with RES in Africa”, Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias (ITC).
- “Geopolitics of climate action: Africa in a distributed leadership space”, Lara Lázaro Touza, Elcano Royal Institute.
October 16, 2020
- “Unlocking the potential of tidal energy”, Alejandro Marques, Magallanes Renovables
- “Electricity in Africa. Options for “Renewable Energies””, Emilio Menéndez Pérez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.